Saturday, January 23, 2016

HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR SKIN USING CLARISONIC MIA 2

Beautiful healthy skin is the foundation to slaying any natural or glam make-up look.  Here's how I transformed my skin using the Clarisonic Mia 2! 

After making sure I fully charged my Mia 2 I incorporated these 7 steps into my skincare regiment:

  1. I use the Clarisonic Mia 2 daily. I prefer to use it at night because I find it beneficial to allow my skin to rest after exfoliation. It also allows my skin to fully benefit from any oils and other nutrients used after cleansing without adding make-up, primers or other products to the mix. 
  2. I remove eye make-up by hand. I've been using Andalou Naturals Revitalizing Lash and Lid Make-up Remover because it gently removes my waterproof mascara without leaving an oily residue. I try to use gentle products on the sensitive skin around my eyes to minimize wrinkles and sagging.  I'm trying to look like Angela Bassett when I'm 50+ and Cicely Tyson when I'm 90!

  3. I moisten the Clarisonic Mia 2 brush with warm water, then apply the Deep Pore Daily Cleanser. This cleanser is formulated for daily use with the Clarisonic. Twice a week I also use Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to get ride of any hyperpigmentation.
  4. After turning on the Mia 2, I follow the T-zone timer prompts while cleansing my skin by moving the brush over my skin in a circular motion.  Here's the order in which I cleanse my skin. 
    1. 20 seconds
    2. 20 seconds
    3. 10 seconds
    4. 10 seconds
    5. I move from one section to the other when the when the Mia pulcates. I love this self timing feature. Takes the guess work out of things. NOTE: Don't press the brush to the skin too forcefully. Allow it to over the skin to reap maximum cleansing results.
  5. I gently cleanse the brush after use and let it air dry. I shampoo the brush every few days to keep it free of any dirt or bacteria.
  6. I follow up with my favorite toner. Currently I'm using Mario Badescu's Seaweed Toner. This calms and resets pH level of the skin.
  7. Apply your favorite carrier or essential oil mix and moisturizer. I use tea tree oil and rose hip seed oil and Trader Joe's Nourish antioxidant Facial Moisturizer. The tea tree has wonderful anti-bacterial properties and minimizes inflammation from breakouts. This is great for those suffering from regular or occasional ache. I made a video about the many benefits of rose hip seed oil. Take a look!  It's like liquid gold for your skin. The Trader Joe's moisturizer I'm using is oil free and my skin is loving it.
That's it in a nut-shell! Do you have a Clarisonic Mia 2? Love it or Hate it? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment