Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Money Is Funny -- But I'm Refilling These Empties Honey!

Stuff gets real when your money is funny and you're staring at  January empties!

Like many of you, I've resolved to do better at managing my money in 2016 in order to fulfill some pretty exciting financial goals. To meet these goals I've set 2 rules for myself:
  1.  Only shop for skincare/beauty supplies once a month! (YIKES!!!! THE STRUGGLE!!!!  help.me)
  2. Only BUY a product, if I've run out of it.

So far I'm 21 days in. I CAN NOT LIE - this is a major challenge! Overcoming the urge to make impulse buys is hard! On the other hand, it's made me more disciplined and organized when it comes to purchases, I'm only re-purchasing items I'm really "in-love" with AND it's provided a wonderful opportunity for me to SHOP MY STASH! I created an amazing look (see above) while exploring my Limited Edition Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made Palette last week and discovered I love that purple!
Limited Edition Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made Palette

Anywho, after taking a look at my empties, this what I've decided to purchase this month and why:


1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Pencil:  Miora (my daughter) loves this pencil because it's waterproof and clay formulation help it last all day! College, theater and work life are hectic and she doesn't want to have to check her face all day. The fine pencil goes on smoothly and mimics brow hair. Also, the medium brown shade isn't too red or ashy and goes perfect with her warm completion. It's a winner in her book.  Check it out here!

2. BareMinerals Warmth All Over Face Color:  Buying this mineral bronzer was a no brainer! I'm a huge fan of the BareMinerals product line for oily skin and have been using "Warmth" as my bronzer of choice or almost 10 years. It's intended to be used all over the face for a sun-kissed glow. I love to dust it on my cheek-bones, around my hairline and I've recently started using this beautifully warm brown as a transition color just above my eyelids.  If you like effortless make-up looks, this is a must have.  Get yours here!
 
3. BareMinerals Matte Foundation: Again, I love this line. It's non-irritating, non-pore clogging formulation is perfect for all skin types. BareMinerals stepped up their Women of Color friendly shades a few years ago, so the "Deep Dark" powder is perfect for Miora and I love the "Medium Tan." The coverage is light to medium, but it can be build up if needed. The matte formula helps to manage Miora's combination skin and my oil slick! Check out the colors!

4. BareMinerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner (Absolute Black): I happened upon this product by total accident and have been hooked ever since. It's the creamiest, most pigmented eyeliner I've ever used. The pencil is super precise and it's creamy formulation makes it easy to blend out for softer or smokey looks. PLUS - this stuff has the audacity to stay in place ALL DAY LONG! Even on oily skin and eyelids there's no running or smearing. SCORE!
Other colors include: Always Charcoal, Lasting Brown, and Eternal Bronze.  Check them out!

5. Clarisonic Deep Pore Daily Cleanser:  This cleanser gets deep down into my pores in a way that no other product has while also being gentle enough for daily use. It doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped, irritated or tight, just....well...clean. I love it. This is totally a skin-care holy grail for me and Miora. You won't find it in stores so get yours here!

What are your skin-care and beauty "must-haves?" What empties do you absolutely have to replace?  Tell me in the comments section or take a picture of them and tag me on instagram

Thanks!  L  
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment